Psyllium’s husk is the outer layer of its seed which gives a mucilage when soaked in water. It has been the primary source of both soluble and insoluble fibres that naturally support the gastrointestinal system and promote colon cleasing. Adding soluble fibres to your diet help in weight management by giving you a feeling of fullness. Psyllium husk is a form of fiber that is beneficial to many parts of our body.
1. Helps with constipation problems.
2. Lowers “bad” cholesterol levels. It can also help increase HDL “good” cholesterol levels.
3. Facilitate weight loss by absorbing water in the body therefore making you feel full.
4. Maintains blood sugar levels by delaying food digestion.
What does Country Farm Organics’ Premium 99% Purity Of Organic Psyllium Husks mean to you?
1. Lighter colour
– Purity range from 85% to 99%. The lighter the colour means higher purity and better quality.
2.Least extraneous matter among all the purities
– < 0.2% of heavy extraneous matter and < 1% of light extraneous matter. 3. Minimum 50% ml/g of swell volume - Fibres absorb a minimum 50 times of their own weight which increase the activity in bowel movement, thereby acting as a better detoxifying agent. 4. More than just dietary fibres - Its nutritional value also consists of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, magnesium and phosphorus. Serving Ideas: - Adults suggested amount: 3g (2tsp) with 8oz (237ml) of water. - Children suggested amount: 1.5g (1tsp) with 8oz (237ml) of water.